Saturday

Ebony and Irony

Have you ever looked at something and realized the irony in it. I, personally, am a fan of ironies. I laugh at the simple, ironic things in life. High brow jokes about the irony in foreign politics or ergonomics or anything that I would need a fancy degree in goes right over my head. Here are some funny ironies I have noticed or experienced.


Braille instructions at drive through ATMs.


Psychics having to ask for your name.


Writing about beards being evil when I think they are awesome.


Being able to quit the military if you're crazy, but if you ask to quit the military because you are crazy then you are legally sane (Catch 22).


Selling your watch to buy your girlfriend a hair brush when she sells her hair to buy you a watch band.


Any My Name is Earl episode.


Stutterers stuttering while saying stuttering.


Dyslexic being such a difficult word to get all of the letters in the right order (especially for dyslexics).


Lisp having an s in it.


Throwing something out right before you need it.


Parking on a driveway, driving on a parkway.


Getting a pop up advertisement for pop up blocker software.


Fighting for the good guys while being bad guys (Green Hornet).


Most people not knowing the definition of irony.


In A Movable Feast, I noticed at least one irony. His irony is that a character, Ms. Stein, is asking him why he is reading a dead man's book if he's dead. Isn't Hemingway now dead? People read his book...Irony? Silly Ms. Stein not knowing that she would say that and have it read in a book written by a dead man by the time it is read.

By the way, is it ironic if I like ironies?
.......
Sepatow ma nay nos brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

  1. I like ironies too! I think they are...ironic? but quite enjoyable at the same time. :P

    ReplyDelete